Wednesday, May 19, 2010

All Things Bright and Beautiful

"All things bright and beautiful. All creatures great and small. All things wise and wonderful. The Lord God made them all." ~ Cecil Alexander
Having children has caused me, on many occasions, to ponder how great God is in relation to my smallness. I get to that day where it's been DAYS since I've had an "official" quiet time with my Father who made me, and I am feeling like things are just rote. We get up, many times to a screaming baby, we get breakfast on the table,"(but I want PRETTY cheerios),!" kiss the hubby good bye, get kids dressed, off to preschool, off to the store... You get the idea. And that is when it happens. That is when God reminds me that He still loves me, and that He hasn't forsaken me. We're almost always in the car when Jack asks those really thought provoking questions.
"Mom, when we die, we go to live with Jesus, right?"
"Yes, Jack. We do."
"Why?"
"Because Jesus loved us enough to die for us, and we belong to Him."
I inevitably have to fight that lump that forms in my throat as a result of questions like this from a 5 year old who has a sense of what being a part of this amazing thing called life is all about. And the fact that he wants to know the God who created it all, and saw it as good.
Creation is amazing. The clouds outside my window right now are breathtaking. And why do I notice them? Because God gave me children who give me cause to stop and ponder all that is around me. To see it through the eyes of these amazing little people that I get to call mine. And it is indeed good.

No comments:

Post a Comment