Thursday, May 13, 2010

We've entered the world of blogging!


As we enter the second summer of business planning at ExxonMobil, what better time is there to begin blogging? Okay, it's not me, it's Rich. But the kiddos and I will be the ones who will get to spend more time together than we care to dwell on.
A shout out to Debra Lewis for giving me the idea to be more productive, shall we say? with my daily rants about my children. So, here goes. It's been a good long while since I wrote anything for a grade or a critique. That picture there is my high school newspaper from days of yore. I was a writer for the Golden Eagle when I took that Speech class. That there cover story was written by yours truly about the lead in the play that our Speech class presented to the rest of the school. It was "Up the Down Staircase," in which I was cast in the lead role. So I got to write a story about myself (and my supporting cast) by myself, in the third person. Strange, I know. Ah, the benefits of attending a really small school. I'm hoping that Katy Adams can forgive me for being given the lead in that play thanks to a fluke or two. I see, thanks to Facebook, that she works for the Washington DC Fox News affiliate. Way to chase a dream!
I don't get to use as many words during my day as I would like. Just ask my husband abou trying to read the newspaper on a Saturday morning. I'm pretty sure he only gets to use half his brain power for that, thanks to me. So this is going to be where I empty my verbage,and my daily struggles with Thing 1, Thing 2, and Thing 3. For the record, I'm not worried about the privacy thing a whole lot; it's just that I look forward to our next trip to Disney World because I am going to hunt down those Seussian shirts and pay waaaaay too much for them. But you'll get to humor me with switching back and forth between my kids' names, and their nicknames depending on the mood of the day. And let me tell ya, we can go lickety split from an "Oklahoma!"-esque "Oh,What a Beautiful Mornin," to the Siamese version of "Uncle Tom's Cabin" in "The King and I," (Run, Eliza, Run)!
I guess the bottom line is that I enjoy reading blogs so much that I thought I'd take a whack at it. Let's share our struggles as parents together. And as a friend of mine so encouragingly put it, we're all bad parents, but there is grace.
Soli Deo Gloria

1 comment:

  1. Yea! A shout out! I love to see that you put your thoughts on paper so to speak. Your children will love these stories in years to come.

    ReplyDelete